It’s the holiday season, and we’re helping you keep your utility bill low with three recipes that use little to no energy. Whether you are hosting or going to someone else’s home, we have three perfect (and delicious) recipes for any occasion. Cheers to easy and stress-free holidays!
Arugula, Pomegranate and Pear Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 35-40 minutes
Ingredients for the Poppy-Seed-Cider Dressing
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Ingredients for the Salad
- 6 cups arugula
- 1 medium red pear, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup pickled red onions
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup sweet-and-spicy maple pecans
Directions for the Poppy-Seed-Cider Dressing
- For the dressing, place the apple cider in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a steady simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the cider is reduced to ¼ cup.
- When the cider reduction has cooled, transfer it to a medium-size glass jar.
- Add the remaining dressing ingredients and cover the jar with a secure lid.
- Shake vigorously until well combined.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Keeps well for 1-2 weeks.
Directions for the Salad
- Combine all the salad ingredients (except the pecans) in a large serving bowl or arrange on individual serving plates.
- Drizzle with the poppy-seed-cider dressing.
- Scatter the pecans over the top.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2-5 hours
Total Time: 2-5 hours, 10 minutes
- 2 bags of frozen Swedish meatballs (80)
- 2 jars of chili sauce
- 1 large jar of grape jelly
- Mix the chili sauce and grape jelly until blended in a Crock-Pot.
- Add all the meatballs but make sure to completely cover them with the sauce.
- Turn the Crock-Pot on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Serve with a toothpick.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: about 1 hour
Total Time: about 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the oats, chocolate chips, flaxseed, peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
- Form into balls using your hands.
- Arrange the energy bites on a baking sheet and freeze until set (about 1 hour).
Visit our online store to find the most efficient appliances (and more) for your home.